Friday, February 3

Getting so much done today it's crazy..

I spend my days off from my day job working on my online store. I know, I'm pathetic. But it is enjoyable, and the more time I spend on it, the better it gets, and the more sales I get! Plus, look at all the new species I added today:
Black-Capped Conure
Blue-Throated Macaw
Dusky Conure
Golden-Capped Conure
Grand Eclectus
Green Cheeked Amazon
Green-Cheeked Conure
Half-Moon conure
Lilac Crowned Conure
Maximillian Pionus
Mealy Amazon
Military Macaw
Noble Macaw
Patagonian Conure
Peach-Front Conure
Plum-headed Parakeet
Red-Sided Eclectus
Solomon Island Eclectus
Senegal Parrot
Vosmaeri Eclectus
White-Fronted Amazon
Yellow Headed Amazon

That's quite a list! All categorized by species and everything. I'd like to get little drawings done for everybody too, but it looks like that's going to take years. My desktop is literally covered in post-its for ideas and plans I have for this store. At the moment, I have no plans to add any other species to the store UNLESS specifically requested to. I am carrying quite a few rare bird species, so I don't expect to see a lot of sales from them, but I don't want to clutter up the store any more than it already is unless there are some people out there that would like their species on a t-shirt.

A word on custom work... it doesn't cost you squat, unless you don't want it available for anyone else. Then it depends on what it is, etc. I'm not going to spend a couple hours on one design to get four bucks from it, ya know? That's $2 an hour!

Also, dealer inquiries are welcome! Purchase 15 or more of one type of item (t-shirts, stickers, etc), get a big discount! Purchase 50 or more, get an even BIGGER discount! These things sell like hotcakes at bird fairs and other bird shows. Contact me at susan@menageriemayhem.com if you're interested.

I might be getting a yellow-collared macaw here in a week or so... I prefer a female, and the DNA is going on now, plus I haven't gotten a final cost yet, so there are a lot of things hinging on that. So if I get the bird (which I have already named Havoc in my head), you're going to see a LOT more mini macaw products showing up! I've already got plans for a few. I'm hoping to get out a lot more Christmas ornaments this year too.

No comments: